BA (Hons) Film and Television Production (Level 6) (Top-Up)
Awarded by the University of Gloucestershire
Information on the Programme
BA (Hons) Film and Television Production (Level 6) (Top Up)
Name of Foreign Education Institution
University of Gloucestershire
Country of Home Campus of the Foreign Education Institution
Brief Description of Programme and Modules
(Core Modules and Elective Modules)
This course is suitable for students who are studying or holding a UK HND, foundation degree or a higher education diploma overseas as the course gives students the opportunity to top-up their existing qualification to a full BA honours degree and to further build on and refine their existing knowledge and skills.
- This course aims to allow students to further build on and refine existing knowledge and skills through hands-on workshops on the technical aspects of moving image, screenwriting and creating short films and TV programmes.
- Students will have the opportunity to work in professional-standard film and TV studios, editing and grading suites.
- The programme will cover essential modules such as The Extended Essay and Screen Production.
- This course has been designed to cover core modules but also allows the student the freedom to explore different areas of film and television production through optional module choices. Students can pursue subjects in film or television production that suit their interests, skills and career aspirations.
The following are the Core Modules:
MD6518: Screen Production
As this is a level 6 module it is expected that students will meet self-imposed standards of production, both creatively and technically
MD6811: The Producer
- This module builds upon production skills acquired in levels 1 & 2 to give students a greater understanding of the role of the producer. Different theoretical frameworks will be examined and then used in response to a practical assignment.
MD6835: Work Experience for TV Production
MD6932: The Extended Essay
- This module provides the opportunity for students to pursue through independent study a research project on an aspect of the media of their choice
The following are Optional Modules and students must complete three of four:
MD6705: Cult Film and Television
MD6710: Intermediate VFX
MD6902: Advanced Media Technology
- This module builds on students’ existing knowledge of television systems by further investigation of broadcast video technologies, workflow and digital cinema.
· Mode of Delivery
· Duration of Proposed Course
· Class Frequency
· Total Contact Hours
(applicable to face-to-face and blended mode of delivery)
· Minimum Entry Requirements
Blended (i.e. a mix of Face To Face and Online Learning etc.)
8 months (full-time)
0 months (part-time)
*the course is offered for 30 weeks in home campus
5 days per week x 3 hours per day (full-time)
0_ days per week x _0_ hours per day (part-time)
Scheduled and Independent Overall Learning & Teaching Hours (full time):
Language: Equivalent to IELTS 6 overall with no less than 5.5 in any band.
Students should possess an HND, Diploma of Higher Education or Foundation Degree or at least a 2-year diploma or an advanced diploma in a related area of specialization.
Applications from mature students welcome (aged 30 and over with at least 8 years working experience in a relevant field.)